Check back here regularly for new resources to help you create a more accessible web presence.
Other General Social Media Resources
- Federal Social Media Accessibility Toolkit Hackpad: Improving the Accessibility of Social Media for Public Service is directed toward government entities, but other organizations will find this toolkit a helpful way to learn about social media accessibility.
- ARCHIVED WEBINAR: Getting Social: Best Practices for Social Media Accessibility: This training from the ADA National Network provides helpful tips and tricks to ensure that the content of your agency’s social media attracts the largest possible audience, while being accessible to individuals with disabilities.
- Described and Captioned Media Program: Caption Key
- Adding Captions to YouTube Videos: This tutorial from the University of Washington will assist you in making sure your YouTube videos are accessible.
- Captioning Your Own Video for Free: This tutorial from the University of Washington will assist you in creating a caption file that can be uploaded to Facebook or LinkedIn to caption your video.
This tutorial has been developed through a cooperative agreement with Arkansas iCAN through a project focused on Increasing Digital Access in Arkansas.