Do you create MS Word, MS PowerPoint or PDF documents? If so, then you are a digital designer. As digital designers, we all have a responsibility to create a more accessible world. This toolkit will provide you with the basic techniques for creating accessible documents.
Documents that are designed following the recommended guidelines will provide access to a greater number of users. Typical barriers in the design of documents when access is not considered are:
- Images with no alt text
- Poor contrast
- Links that are not descriptive
- Lack of heading structure
- Text that is not clear or large enough
By using the resources provided in this toolkit, you will be able to resolve these and other barriers.
- Creating Accessible MS Word Documents
- Creating Accessible MS PowerPoint Presentations
- Creating Accessible PDF Documents – Coming Soon